The Gateway to the Cascades
When my family and I made the move to Sisters, Oregon in 2019, we were seeking to slow down and soak in more of the moments that make life beautiful. With its majestic mountain views, abundant wildlife, and artist-driven community, Sisters was the place where we could make that happen. It didn’t take long for this little town to become our happy place. Later, when we opened up our little gift shoppe in downtown Sisters, we were officially, and deeply, rooted in this community.
Sisters, Oregon has been rightfully known for years as the gateway to the Cascades. Our picturesque mountain views and quaint small town vibes make your day memorable as you browse our endless variety of shops and galleries. Many people choose to make the short 30-minute trip from Bend to Sisters for a sunny day under the Cascades. We are especially bustling during our peak Summer season, but there is a special place in my heart for the winters. Either time you choose to visit, you can’t go wrong.
Things To Do in Sisters, Oregon
Of course, I always recommend you check out Marigold and True, which is surely the best shoppe in Sisters (no bias here!). Next, my go-to recommendation is to make the short drive to Suttle Lake. There, you can rent paddle boards or boats, or go for a swim off the shore.
Below are our TOP TEN things to check out while you're in town!
2. Check out the many galleries. We have gallery maps in our shoppe or The Sisters Art Association has them as well
3. If you’re in town during the 4th Friday of the month, be sure to check out the art walks. More information can be found here.
4. Visit Sisters Coffee, an iconic establishment here in Sisters.
5. Visit our bookstore, one of the best Central Oregon has to offer.
6. Don’t miss Sister’s Bakery, serving up some of our favorite treats ever.
7. If you’re interested in what it’s like to live here, visit the Sunday Farmers Market. It’s bustling with produce from local farmers, live music, craft vendors, and more!
8. Adventuring: Sisters is surrounded by pristine wilderness. If you’re interested in getting out in nature, don’t miss Suttle Lake, Camp Sherman, Three Creeks Lake, Whychus Creek, and the many many trails.
10. My favorite restaurant in Sisters is The Open Door. They have the best outdoor seating during warmer months and the coziest indoor vibes during colder months.